September 1 - August 31
- Private 90 sq. foot studio space
- 24 hour access
- A monthly stipend of $50, to be applied to clay materials and firing costs.
- Opportunities to teach in our educational programs and for retail sales at our Open Studio events and at Mudflat Gallery
- Solo exhibition and reception at Mudflat in August to showcase work created during the residency year
- Artists are expected to spend a minimum of 20 hours per week in their studio
- Artists are required to work 5 hours per week for Mudflat, assisting with technical jobs
- 2 public presentations during the residency. The first, in September, is a slide show of the artist's work.
- Applicants should have knowledge of a variety of clay techniques and some kiln firing experience, the ability to work independently, and enthusiasm and willingness to be part of an urban clay community.
Applications for the 2012-13 residency must be postmarked by April 16, 2012. Selection notification will be made by May 31.
Application form (PDF format)
Mudflat Pottery Studio, Inc.
Somerville, MA 02145