Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery Website:
Title: Executive Director, Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Term: Full time – 37.5 Hours a week
Salary range $70,000 to $90,000
Start Date: As early as July 1 2011, no later than September 1 2011
- The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery is seeking an Executive Director (ED) who will lead the organization in an exciting period of renewal.
- The ED is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction and policies set by the Gallery's Board of Directors.
- The ED is accountable for the development and implementation of strategies that enable the Gallery to fulfill its vision, mission and goals, for effective operation of the Gallery and care of its collection.
- The ED will actively develop and execute fundraising initiatives and be able to create and maintain strong relationships with private and public sector partners.
- The ED will be the public face of the Gallery. The ED will be responsible for outreach, engagement, collaboration and advocacy with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the Gallery.
- The ED will provide strong leadership in the areas of governance, administrative and financial management functions.
- Through a team of senior staff, the ED will be responsible for the overall operation of the Gallery including, but not limited to, its exhibition space, retail shop, education and volunteer programs.
- Leading a public gallery in the midst of a strategic renewal.
- Developing sustainable funding sources.
- Problem-solving and setting priorities in a fast-paced, complex and evolving multi-stakeholder environment with multiple competing deadlines and competition for resources.
- Exercising judgment in identifying issues, modifying plans as business conditions change, assessing courses of action and developing recommendations.
- Minimum 5 years management in a similar position.
Demonstrated track record and ability to:
- develop effective community and donor relationships and secure gifts and sponsorships; and
develop and maintain creative and successful partnerships, evidenced by teamwork and collegiality, within and beyond the organization.
- Excellent leadership qualities and outstanding skills in team-building, meeting management, facilitation, and public relations.
Passion for the visual arts.
- Position Dimensions:
Director of Education
- Retail Sales Manager
- Annual Revenue: $850,000
Active Members: Approximately 375
- Annual Visitors: 20,000 with a goal to double within 5 years
- Key Funders: Canada Council, Ontario Arts Council, City of Waterloo, Region of Waterloo, small group of significant sponsors/donors.
Submit application by May 31, 2011 to:
Martin Finestone, Vice Chair, Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
50 Queen Street North,
Suite 1020, P.O. Box 2248
N2M 6M2, Canada