Submissions must be POSTMARKED by June 1, 2010
Exhibition idea? No space? The Clay Studio is now accepting proposals for group or thematic Exhibitions. The premise for this program is to provide an individual or individuals the opportunity to develop a show idea from conception to fruition, with the support of the Gallery staff of The Clay Studio.The Clay Studio will provide:
- gallery space (either 365 sq. ft. or 560 sq. ft.)
- an invitation, mailing, and press coverage
- an opening reception
- costs for the return shipment of exhibited work.
Submission ProcessNo slides accepted for review, ONLY DIGITAL IMAGES.
- a 1-page curator's statement detailing the premise of the exhibition and its pertinence to contemporary ceramics in hard copy
- the curators resume in hard copy
- a disc with 2 images of each artist represented within the exhibition. Images must be .jpeg files at 72 dpi, with the image's longest dimension not exceeding 700 pixels. Each image should be labeled as follows: imagenumberyourfirstinitiallastname.jpeg, Example: 1jdoe.jpeg, 2jdoe.jpeg, etc.
- A corresponding image list with artist name, title, medium, size and year created in hard copy
NO DISCS WILL BE RETURNED AND NOTIFICATION WILL BE MADE VIA EMAIL.Individuals may submit only one proposal for consideration.
Return Application to:
The Clay Studio
139 North Second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Selection ProcessThe selection process will be based on the originality and quality of the submission and will be chosen by the Exhibitions Committee of The Clay Studio. The selected proposal will be programmed during the 2011 - 2012 exhibition season. The curator or curators selected will be notified by September 1, 2010.
Please call Artistic Director Jeff Guido at 215.925.3453 x18 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.